Miso Mushroom Noodle Soup

I loved this soup but I like miso and mushrooms. If you don't then it's probably not for you :)
I got this recipe from Miratel blog (random I know but I saw it on Pinterest). This recipe serves four small bowls or two large.



Miso Mushroom Noodle Soup

Ingredients

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 shallots, finely sliced
2 small hot chili peppers, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1x 1-inch piece ginger, grated
3 tablespoons yellow miso paste
2 tablespoons soy/tamari sauce
4 cups mushroom or vegetable broth
2 cups mixed mushrooms (I used white and shiitake)
200g fresh soba or rice noodles


Method

Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot (big enough to hold all the broth and other ingredients).
Over a medium-high heat saut� the shallots, chili peppers, garlic and ginger until they are just starting to soften, but don�t let them colour.
Add the miso paste and soy sauce and stir to thoroughly coat the shallot mixture.
Add the broth, increase the heat and bring to a boil.
Add the mushrooms and bring back to the boil.
Add the noodles and cook for a remaining 4-5 minutes � the noodles and the mushrooms should be �al dente�.